Publish Your Passion
You can go the traditional route…
- Literary agents receive 35 queries each day. That’s over 10,000 each year.
- How many of these manuscripts does a literary agent accept each year? A handful.
- And estimates suggest that only one in one thousand of those are picked up by traditional publishers.
You can go the self-publishing route…
- Few authors can successfully self-edit, proof read, lay out pages, and design a cover number.
- Even fewer realize that the time spent writing a book should equal the time spent marketing it successfully.
- Few bookstores accept self-published books. Many won’t carry any print-on-demand titles either.
Or you can partner with a publisher like Mélange Press…
… because you don’t have to do it alone. With Mélange Press, you avoid the literary agent dance, you get full
service editing and design by professionals who care about your book, you receive marketing support, and
your book is carried by major distributors and retailers.
Mélange Press is a Partnership Publisher – we combine the best of traditional publishers and self-publishers to provide an optimal experience for new and experienced authors.
Traditional publishers have editors, designers, and publicists to tune a book to perfect pitch. At Mélange Press, our staff does the same, but on a much more personal level. Since we are small we can focus on you as our partner in the process: you get hands-on, personalized attention from professionals who share your passion. And because you are a partner in the process, you get input and control in the editing and design process, as well as a hand in the marketing and promotional plans. But unlike traditional publishers, you retain the rights to your book, giving you options for negotiation other authors don’t have.
Working with Mélange Press means your book is produced, registered, and distributed by an established publisher – which means you are listed with major distributors like Baker & Taylor, listed with online retailers, and listed with eBook distributors. Self-publishers and print-on-demand firms leave you on your own to try to get placed in stores or distributed nationwide.
At Mélange Press, we partner with you on marketing plans, give you leads, design promotional materials, and work with you to devise the best targeted promotions for your book.
Much like the current self-publishing model, Mélange Press asks you to pay to publish, so you own the physical book. But unlike other self-publishing and print-on-demand models, you get a full-service staff, who will work with you no matter where you are in the process. Whether you have a fully-formed manuscript or simply a great idea, we can work together to turn your ideas into the book of your dreams.
We don’t promise to make you the next James Patterson, Danielle Steele or Malcolm Gladwell – those are one in a million success stories. But we will do our best to make your book as successful as possible.
Don’t take our word for it – here’s what some of our authors have to say about us:
…great support, patient understanding, insightful suggestions, a wonderful light touch, and a relentless focus on making the words and story as good as possible.
– Carl Eeman, author of Encampment and Recounting Minnesota
They bring patience with authors, ability to think outside the box, and knowledge of what works and what doesn’t. I can’t imagine publishing my first book without Mélange Press.
– Dr. Tom Denham, author of I Don’t Know What I Want to Be When I Grow Up (coming in 2011)
The quality of their work and attention to detail, are head-and-shoulders above the competition in the literary field.
– Gary Fisher, author of Channel Surfing with God